 |
| Welcome to Utah! |
So you all know that we're moving to Utah ... These past two weeks have been crazy to say the least. The house is officially on the market. If you want details, check out Dain's blog. He's written down everything. We packed up a few things into a rental truck, attached a trailer with our jeep, and hit the road to Utah. We drove there is about 3 days ... It took FOREVER. The truck doesn't go as fast and we had to stop every two hours to gas up the truck. I have to admit Dain and I loved the trip. It was nice to see a new route (thanks to Carolyn Fjord), and we just had a nice time on the road. The truck, however, was a different story. They're noisy! And difficult to sit in. I loved being above the crowds but that's about it! The ride through Northern Texas into New Mexico and then Utah was really nice. I had only been on the northern route and it's ZZZZZZZ. Kansas is really, really flat.
We were there for a week as we moved a few things into the condo and then took Christian to the MTC. I blogged about the MTC drop off at his
blog. Then Dain had to go to training at Brighton Ski Resort where he will be teaching this winter. I think that's the highlight of his winter. He's very excited to spend time in the mountains with friends. We flew back last Sunday.
We will be here through next Monday (Nov 15) and then we move to Utah permanently. We have professional movers do the big stuff. Most of it will end up in storage anyway.
I've been very nostalgic thinking about our years here in Texas. I love it here. I love Sugar Land. It's bittersweet. I did pick up a couple of new clients so hey, I will be back. :-)
1 comment:
I hear you on the nostalgia, who knew we'd come to love our little rain forest-swamp, home so much! We will miss you guys as well, but it is nice to know at least we will have a common meeting ground. It's crazy how we both kind of moved in and out at the same time. In fact, all of the changes are drastic lately; missions, moves-- you've got some fun adventures ahead! I'm glad you blog so we can keepin touch.
Post a Comment