Monday, October 18, 2010

We're Moving

I haven't posted here in a long time because life has been crazy. We're officially moving back to Utah and I'm SO SAD. I love Texas. I love the people here. It's such an open minded part of Texas. I can't say it would be the same everywhere, but in our little corner of Texas, I have come to love the diversity. Our kids' high school has the following ethnic distribution: White 41.9%, Asian 42.5%, Hispanic 9.0%, African-American 6.6%. The Asian group includes Indians. My kids have great friends and may I add, this is a darn smart group of kids. I've been pleased with the schools and how they have challenged our kids. No more smarty pants here. They had to work to keep up with the higher level of teaching (compared to their schools in Utah). I also love that our kids have been exposed to a variety of backgrounds and religions. I wish I could drag this diversity and the schools back with us.

Our house is now officially on the market. It went online yesterday. Our house is also now full of boxes and we have thrown away so much, I'm afraid I may have thrown away some good things too. I hope not. It always worries me.

Oh, and now I have to keep this house clean at all times .... :-)

3 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Ohh, that is the worst to leave Sugar Land. I love the people there too! And it stinks to constantly keep your house clean.

Best of luck selling your house.

Angie said...

We are very sad!!! We will miss your guys more than you know!

Unknown said...

All the best to you, Dain and the family. On the bright side, you're returning to familiar country.