Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I am lucky to be surrounded by incredible dads. The men in my life who are fathers have been such amazing examples of love, kindness, patience and caring. This is my dad, to the left, holding me (yes, even as a baby my hair was curly) and my brother Paul. I still have that dress in my baby box. I have admired my dad for as long as I can remember! My dad has the incredible talent for being quiet and a great listener, something I tried hard to develop. It's so nice to have someone who can lend a listening ear without offering unsolicited advice. He taught me to love spaghetti with ketchup. Yup, it's true. In Argentina, people assumed that's what American's ate and here in the US, people assume it's an Argentinian thing.It's neither, it's a Bob thing (my dad's name) and my siblings and I all love it. My dad is the best ever.
I love this picture of Dain. He might kill me for using it here. Dain has been such a great teacher for the kids. He has a talent for being organized and looking into the future and preparing for it. That is something that is hard to teach and he has been able to teach that to all of us. He loves hard work and being proud of what you do. In this day and age, when kids don't do nearly as many chores as we used to, it's refreshing to know our kids can do whatever is required of them. He's a great dad!

No comments: