Friday, August 28, 2009

The Real Moment


I haven't blogged in forever because I haven't downloaded my pictures from my camera. It takes like 5 seconds, but I haven't done it. This past month has been full of memorable moments. Moments that make parents proud!! Alyssa started her third year of college at Utah State (really, 3!!), Christian moved to Blinn College and started practicing with the marching band. School starts this coming Monday for him. And Emi started high school this past Monday. Just in case you missed it: HIGH SCHOOL. I don't like putting 9th graders with the rest of high school because it means they're older than I want them to be. :-) So now my house is completely quiet very early in the morning. Emi has marching band practice after school so I have a full day to work, work, work without interruptions. Wow.

I am so proud of the kids!!! They are growing up to be happy, responsible human beings. The picture above was taken in 1995. Alyssa was 6, Christian 4, and Emi a few months old. Really ... where has time gone. I'm the luckiest mom on earth. :-)

9 comments:

Brooke said...

What a classic picture! I love you and your fun family. I just hope I will still be sane by the time my youngest makes it to high school. (if your not sane, you hide it well=)

Jenny said...

They grow up too too quickly! That picture is so cute of the kids - love it.

Alyssa said...

I gasped when I opened this page. oh my. this picture is sooo old! 14.5 years to be somewhat exact. cute cute!

Lelani said...

thanks guys. yup, Alyssa, it's that old! I remember taking it. it was at Nordstrom's. They took these pictures every year so I marched all 3 of you over there and they dressed you up and took the picture. it was our Christmas card that year ...

now, am I sane? I dare not answer. but good to know it's not obvious. ha ha ha

Grandmashauna said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!! Love it!

Melanie Rossi said...

I love that pic of them! So sute and crazy how fast times flies!

Alyssa said...

Believe it or not I remember these pictures being taken and being all dressed up for it and everything. I remember that the hat was too small for my head but the scrunched it on and it squeezed my head hard. Funny the stuff you remember huh?

Kristin said...

So cute --love that picture! It seems like yesterday the kids where that age. I agree time goes by to fast. I can't believe Alyssa is starting her third year of college and Emi and Tessa in 9th grade doesn't seem possible. Tessa is still in middle school though, I like that.

dain said...

yup.. and the little one in the middle is still mean!

The other two, not so much...