I'm so done with traveling. A family vacation would be okay because that's what I have missed these past two weeks: the family together. Christian graduates in about 3 weeks and it's all too real: my son is leaving home soon. Having Alyssa graduate and leave home was incredibly hard for me. I've talked to other moms and I'm not alone. It's something we all share. But that doesn't make it easier. Now Christian is about to graduate and start his life outside the home. It's exciting and fun and freaky. And a little sad for me ..... but not in a bad way. I know this is part of letting go. I just crave time with my kids. Dain and I have done at great job at spending time alone as a couple (I highly recommend that--no kids and definitely not with other couples) AND as a family. It's awesome. A little bit of my heart goes with each kid. It's bittersweet.
So as the school year ends and the hot season is here to stay, I'm entering yet another time in my life. After all, "To every thing, there is a season", right?? :-)
3 comments:
We are so glad that we are neighbors! We have grown to love your family so much! Having Alyssa was hard on us to, seeing Christian go will be so strange! Emi can come over any time it is too quiet at your house. All of you can for that matter!
Thanks for the phone call, and for watching out for our family, it means a lot!
Aw, thanks Angie! That's so sweet. As you know, Emi LOVES you and the kids.
Ang, Christian is going to Blinn College in Brenham on a music scholarship. He will be playing in their marching band and they will pay his tuition. lol He's pretty proud of himself. :-)
There I go tearing up! haha Love you so much Mom and it's hard for me to be this far away from home all the time. :) It's so weird Christian's already going to college! Have fun with Emi. baha
Angie! I miss you and your family too! They're so cute! I really enjoy looking at your blog to see what you all are up to.
Post a Comment