Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hawaii Part III

It was such a cool trip. We hiked a ton. One day, we did an 8 mile hike on the Na Pali coast to a waterfall (both pictured above). We kayaked into the ocean. We spent one day on Oahu visiting friends who made this guava cake for Dain. On the way home, our flight was delayed so we ended up spending half a day in Seattle. I'll do a separate Seattle post.

4 comments:

Angie said...

It looks and sounds like you guys had a really good time. It sure is beautiful there!

Alyssa said...

YUM!!! Auntie Leila makes the best Guava cake!!!

So pretty! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)

Grandmashauna said...

Reminds me of the time we hiked up to the Seven Sacred Pools and there were signs posted all over that said, "No diving allowed - 7 people have died diving this year" and I looked behind me to see Cliff stripping off his clothes and diving into the pool. . . .all I could think about was how in the world I could explain to his kids that he had died on this beautiful trip. Also wondered how I would be able to drag his dead body out. . .

Melanie Rossi said...

This makes me want to go back to Kauai! It its so beautiful!!!!