Monday, March 9, 2009

Yummy loquats

When we moved to Texas, the first thing I did was plant a loquat tree. I grew up eating loquats in Argentina and I LOVE THEM. Yum, yum. When my brother moved to California, I got him to ship a few to me in Utah but they don't ship well. My tree bears yummy fruits. I tend to be impatient and pick them a bit green but this week, I finally reaped good fruit. They are sweet, juicy, delicious. I'm so happy!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I have never even heard of a loquat. What fruit are they similar to?

Bowman family said...

I have not had one either. My neighbor says they even eat the skin, is that right?

Lelani said...

I don't eat the skin but I guess you could ... they're like little peaches, kind of. They're very sweet when fully ripe.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

hmmm...I would like to try one..bring one to lunch next time and we could have a little sampling :)

Pam said...

We have loquat trees too, do you have any recipes for them?