Friday, November 21, 2008

Heart Attack

I went to Idaho last weekend to visit my dad who suffered a heart attack the week before. He was rushed to the hospital where they did angioplasty. The doctor said this type of heart attack is called the widow maker as most victims die within two hours. He was lucky to get there quickly. I spent two days in Idaho before going to Utah.

With my mom. She didn't want to be in the picture because it was early in the morning and she wasn't dressed for the day.

With my dad! He looks well in this picture but he could only walk a few steps and he would be out of breath. The scary thing about his heart attack is that he had no warning: his blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar have always been within normal limits. This is a wake up call to all of us to get our butts in shape!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm glad he is doing good. It is so scary to see our parents age, we want them to be around forever.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

So sorry to hear. I'm glad he is doing much better. It was so nice you could be there!

Grandmashauna said...

Hope your dad continues to do well. . .

Kristin said...

We hope your dad will recover quickly. That is neat you were able to rush to see him. Both your parents still look great.

Melanie Rossi said...

Wow! That is a wakeup call! I'm sorry for you because I know you were probably worried sick! I hope he is well now.