Friday, August 29, 2008

Gustav

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Gustav MAY be headed in our direction. This will be our first hurricane if it does turn towards us. And I'm unsure whether I want to leave or not. Dain asked me to reserve a hotel in Austin just in case. And I did. He has to work no matter what since that's what media people do when something like this happens. I'm just torn!!! I have heard stories of people driving 15 hours and travel about 200 miles. UGH!!!! Of course, safety comes first. And we are prepared no matter what choice is made. If we decide to stay, we have provisions, water, etc. So keep an eye on this storm ...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

you're all welcome here, too, in case you'd rather drive to dallas than austin, which would be crazy, but just so you know, you're welcome at our house anytime you need refuge!

that goes for all you houstonians! :)

Kristin said...

I was wondering if it was heading towards you. We will keep watching the updates on Gustav's travels.